Alumni Association

Class of 1957: Clemson Corps Endowment and President's Park Rotunda

 CLEMSON CORPS ENDOWMENT

Clemson University has a proud tradition of military excellence. Founded as a military school in 1889, Clemson has built a reputation of consistently graduating well-prepared officers. Today, Clemson Army and Air Force ROTC cadets carry on the rich tradition of the historic Corps of Cadets.The Clemson Corps, an alumni constituency group dedicated to continuing Clemson's military heritage, has created a scholarship endowment to give Clemson a competitive edge in recruiting and retaining quality cadets. Since its founding in 1998, The Clemson Corps has made a tremendous difference in the strength of our military programs.

  • The number of ROTC freshman has doubled
  • The quality of applicants has improved
  • The commissioning rate has increased dramatically - a projected 100 percent

FUNDING/NAMING OPPORTUNITIES

The Class has set a goal to raise a minimum of $300,000 to establish the Class of 1957 Clemson Corps Endowment. The endowment will fund several Army and Air Force ROTC scholarships each year. Specific naming opportunities for individuals range from naming the entire endowment to any portion of the endowment at a minimum funding level of $25,000.

 PRESIDENT'S PARK ROTUNDA

The President's Park, located in front of the President's Home and extending through the Azalea Gardens to Sikes Hall, is one of the most beautiful places on campus. Recognized by the National Register of Historic Places, the park is undergoing a significant beautification project including construction of Senior Sidewalks for the classes of 1990-94, 2001, and 2006-08, landscaping and lighting.

The rotunda is tucked into the President's Park, in the new garden setting. Although it is designed to blend in with the historical buildings on campus built during the Rudolph E. Lee architectural period, the rotunda's domelike structure and circular form will set it apart as a unique focal point for the park. A spectacular feature of the rotunda will be a mural portraying Clemson's historical land-grant responsibilities of teaching, research and public service, which will be depicted on the floor. With seating, sound and lighting capabilities, the Class of 1957 President's Park Rotunda will provide opportunities to expand the use of the Park for outdoor classes, banquets and group presentations.

 If you have any questions please email cufund-l@clemson.edu or call (864) 656-5896.

Alumni Association Contact Information

Alumni Association, Clemson Alumni Center, 109 Daniel Drive, Clemson, SC 29631-3006, (864) 656-2345, E-mail: Alumni Association